Developer Services Payment Issue

exclamation icon

Updated: 18:00 21 October 2020

We’ve now fixed the issue where customers were unable to pay for some of our applications online. However, customers who are paying for asset surveys/sewer traces or purchasing maps of public sewers may still have difficulty paying online.

We’re currently working hard to fix this issue. In the meantime, should you wish to make payment, please either utilise the BACS details on our quotation or send a cheque payable to Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water to Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, PO Box 3146, Linea, Fortran Road, Cardiff, CF30 0EH.

We will continue to update this with any further news. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 917 2652.

Our new developer portal

You can now apply for and track applications via our innovative new developer portal.

Find out more here

New sewer connections

If you’re building a new home or development, you probably want to connect to one of our sewerage pipes so that we can take away your surface water and wastewater to treat, clean and return to the environment.

For a home or building

If you need a new connection to our sewer network, then the first step in the process is deciding whether the sewer or lateral drain you are connecting to is outside or inside of your property boundary.

This graphic will help you decide which category your property fits into:

Outside property boundary

If the public sewer is outside of your property’s boundary, then due to Welsh Government regulation you will probably need to get an adoption agreement in place before you start building.

More information on this process can be found on our sewerage adoption page. This is also called a ‘section 104’ or ‘s104’ application.

Once this adoption agreement is in place, you can then apply for a new sewer connection.

Inside property boundary

If the public sewer is inside your property’s boundary, then you do not need an adoption agreement. All you need is to request a new connection from us.

This is also called a ‘section 106’ or ‘s106’ application.

If you have any queries on the process, our detailed guidance notes should be able to help.

How much will it cost?

  • The cost for each new sewer connection is £169 and this needs to be paid on application. You can do this with a valid credit or debit card.

For several buildings/a development site

  • If you’re building several buildings, due to Welsh Government regulation it’s likely you will need to get an adoption agreement in place before you start building any lateral drains or sewers.

Don’t forget

  • Any new connection to a public sewer will need our approval. Even if you are re-using an existing sewer connection, we still need to approve it. If we haven’t given our consent, then you’re breaking the law.