New sewer connections - S106
If you’re building a new home or development, you probably want to connect to one of our sewerage pipes so that we can take away your surface water and wastewater to treat, clean and return to the environment.
For a home or building
If you need a new connection to our sewer network, then the first step in the process is deciding whether the sewer or lateral drain you are connecting to is outside or inside of your property boundary.
This graphic will help you decide which category your property fits into:
Outside property boundary
If the public sewer is outside of your property’s boundary, then due to Welsh Government regulation you will probably need to get an adoption agreement in place before you start building.
More information on this process can be found on our sewerage adoption page. This is also called a ‘section 104’ or ‘s104’ application.
Once this adoption agreement is in place, you can then apply for a new sewer connection.
Inside property boundary
If the public sewer is inside your property’s boundary, then you do not need an adoption agreement. All you need is to request a new connection from us.
This is also called a ‘section 106’ or ‘s106’ application.
If you have any queries on the process, our detailed guidance notes should be able to help.
How much will it cost?
- The cost for each new sewer connection is £172 and this needs to be paid on application. You can do this with a valid credit or debit card.
For several buildings/a development site
- If you’re building several buildings, due to Welsh Government regulation it’s likely you will need to get an adoption agreement in place before you start building any lateral drains or sewers.
- Any new connection to a public sewer will need our approval. Even if you are re-using an existing sewer connection, we still need to approve it. If we haven’t given our consent, then you’re breaking the law.
How much will it cost?
A new single sewer connection for:
- 1-25 properties (one connection can service multiple properties) is £172.
- 26+ properties (one connection can service multiple properties) is £310.
This includes us vetting the new connection and approving it.
As a not for profit company, our charges are based on the cost of delivering the service only.
For information on our charges, visit our schedule of charges here.